A city’s waste management is ultimately tied to its level of development. A city that is capable of being environmentally sustainable will, in turn, increase growth and wellbeing for its residents. What’s more, in a globalized world where people are increasingly mobile and a community’s demographics can vary significantly throughout the year, public agencies and municipalities must incorporate the necessary tools to adapt. These technologies increase efficiency, improve public services and adapt to residents, providing a clean, comfortable and attractive living environment.
Quamtra Waste Management is the ideal solution for cities looking to adapt the collection of solid urban waste to meet residents’ needs. The solution moves municipalities away from a reactive, static collection model based on historical values towards a more proactive and innovative method. Quamtra measures and transmits the status or fill level of each garbage bin, allowing for more efficient planning by only collecting full or nearly full bins.
The IoT solution proposed by Quamtra Waste Management is based on smart devices (the Q and MiniQ Sensors) installed in the upper interior of garbage containers. These sensors constantly measure the fill level using a measurement module based on ultrasound. In the same way, the sensors collect parameters such as the bins’ interior temperature, inclination, movement, and location.
The information collected by these sensors is sent to a software platform that compiles, conveniently displays, and analyzes the data. The platform creates multiple reports and alerts that allow for agile analysis and decision making by responsible parties.
Quamtra sensors are compatible with all currently available container models.
- Efficient City:
- The allocation of resources to meet the evolving needs of citizens.
- Optimal collection routes planned in advance.
- Improved responsiveness to unexpected seasonal variations.
- Economic Savings:
- A reduction in the operating costs associated with collection.
- Lowered costs of preventative and corrective maintenance on collection trucks.
- A decrease in costs from civil liability.
- A reduction in gas emissions into the atmosphere.
- Traffic decongestion.
- Cleaner cities.
- Cleaner streets and sidewalks.
- Less need for street cleaning services.
- An involved and committed city
- Happier citizens more satisfied with city management.
- The empowerment of collection workers through more efficient work.
- Increased involvement of citizens in the maintenance of a clean city.