A company and city’s waste management is ultimately tied to its level of development. A city or a business that is capable of being environmentally sustainable will, in turn, increase growth and wellbeing for the whole society.
What’s more, in a globalized world where people are increasingly mobile and a community’s demographics can vary significantly throughout the year, public agencies and municipalities must incorporate the necessary tools to adapt. These technologies increase efficiency, improve public services and adapt to residents, providing a clean, comfortable and attractive living environment.
Quamtra Smart Waste Management is the ideal solution for cities looking to adapt the collection of solid urban waste to meet residents’ needs, as well as the perfect tool that companies may use to manage their waste in a responsible, efficient and compliant way.
The solution moves municipalities and organizations away from a reactive, static collection model based on historical values towards a more proactive and innovative method. Quamtra measures and transmits the status or fill level of each garbage bin, allowing for more efficient planning by only collecting full or nearly full bins.
The IoT solution proposed by Quamtra Smart Waste Management is based on smart devices (the Q and MiniQ Sensors) installed in the upper interior of garbage containers. These sensors constantly measure the fill level using a measurement module based on ultrasound. In the same way, the sensors collect parameters such as the bins’ interior temperature, inclination, movement, and location.
The information collected by these sensors is sent to a software platform that compiles, conveniently displays, and analyzes the data. The platform creates multiple reports and alerts that allow for agile analysis and decision making by responsible parties.
Quamtra sensors are compatible with all currently available container models.
- Allocation of resources to meet the evolving needs of citizens and companies.
- Optimal collection routes planned in advance.
- Improved responsiveness to unexpected seasonal variations.
- Economic Savings:
- A reduction in the operating costs associated with collection.
- Lowered costs of preventative and corrective maintenance on collection trucks.
- A decrease in costs from civil liability.
- A reduction in gas emissions into the atmosphere.
- Traffic decongestion.
- Cleaner cities.
- Cleaner streets and sidewalks.
- Less need for street cleaning services.
- Happier citizens more satisfied with city management.
- The empowerment of collection workers through more efficient work.
- Increased involvement of citizens and companies in the maintenance of a clean environment.