Mobility issues in medium and large cities can cause big headaches for these municipalities. Until now, finding available parking depended solely on the luck of the driver, which costs time and fuel, and leads to unnecessary pollution and CO2 emissions. Resulting traffic congestion also impacts neighbors, visitors, and users of private, public or professional vehicles.
WeGo&Park utilizes a new detection method using the distributed processing of real-time video from a strategically placed network of cameras in the desired area. This is far more economical and versatile than using ground sensors, although both solutions could be combined. This program takes advantage of a municipality’s existing camera network, leading to significant savings in implementation. Available spaces in the vicinity, or at a destination, can be viewed by drivers via a mobile app, allowing for quick and easy parking that saves time and resources. The app controls information access according to user profiles, such as driver, traffic authority, parking manager, etc.
Check available parking before you reach your destination, and get moving
WeGo&Park processes real-time images captured by standard IP cameras to identify occupancy using a unique video analysis algorithm.
- Parking availability data are based on:
- Vehicle type
- Current location of the vehicle
- Distance from the destination
- Occupied spaces are detected according to certain criteria:
- Type of space: free parking, paid parking, resident only parking, no parking areas, etc.
- Search based on the user profile
- Space size: adequate for a car, bus, truck, etc.
Location of available parking
Using a mobile app, drivers can quickly and easily find available parking for their specific type of vehicle in the immediate vicinity or at their destination.
Search and reserve
WeGo&Park lets drivers not only search for, but also reserve parking, along with providing navigation to the chosen space. Information is accessible from a web application, compatible with PCs, tablets and smartphones.
The Video Processing Unit (VPU) is the hardware used to carry out video analysis algorithms on images and determine the occupation of each parking space in a given area. These units are installed beside each camera so that images can be analyzed locally. Therefore, only processed information (metadata) is transferred, allowing the VPU to communicate with the server via M2M (Machine to Machine) connectivity.
Video capture can be done through any standard IP camera using the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP v1.0).
A single camera can cover up to 50 parking spaces, greatly reducing infrastructure costs when compared with ground sensors. WeGo&Park software stores and organizes information on all spaces detected by the camera.
The application also lets users report service problems for each parking space. These complaints can be easily managed and resolved by an app administrator.
WeGo&Park expands existing portfolios of interior solutions into the outdoors
WeGo&Park is open and integrable, and at Wellness TechGroup we work exclusively with trusted partners to customize an end-to-end solution:
- Mobile app for user navigation and reservation of parking
- Ground sensors
- Digital information panels
- Payment solutions
- Parking barriers
- Camera infrastructure
- Administrative software / dashboards for other solutions
- Citizens spend less time searching for parking.
- Greater returns on investments in existing camera infrastructure for urban traffic surveillance and/or security. Depending on the conditions, a large number of spaces can be covered by a single camera, which is more cost-effective than zone sensors.
- Location and alerts of improper parking (double parking, improper use of PRM spaces, etc.) to local authorities.
- User guiding.
- Less time searching for parking means reduced fuel costs, pollution, and CO2 emissions.
- Greater transparency for citizens via publicly available parking information.
- User feedback that facilitates a system response.
- Aids in the management of restricted parking (loading and unloading zones, PRM parking, etc.).
- Integrable with payment platforms for paid parking zones, with information in real time.
Sustainability and Savings
- Decrease in kilometers traveled and time spent searching for parking.
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Decrease in traffic volumes.
- Noise reduction.
- Savings in fuel consumption.
An involved and satisfied city
- Greater public awareness.
- Improved image of the municipality.
- Resident and visitor satisfaction.